We are in the midst of Shadow Season, and all that we are is rising to the surface, and all that we aren't is being called to be released. The Scorpio New Moon on October 27-28th, brings us a powerful shift in energy and an opportunity to delve into the darkest depths of our soul, where our most powerful magick lies.
Now is the time to rebirth ourselves as we move through this transformational time, we are being called to embrace our shadows and our Darkness so that we can step into our Light. We must embody all that this Scorpio energy is, and allow ourselves to feel into our shadow.
The New Moon is the birthing cycle of mama moons ever changing phases, which makes this one very powerful moon, especially when it falls in the sign of Scorpio; the sign associated with sex, death, transformation, and the occult!
This moon is all about deepening an already heavy focus on what has been journeying up for us during the darker half of the year, and now we have to be brave enough to accept our darkness and honour ourselves and release all that is no longer in alignment with us.
During this New Moon we must let it all in to let it all out, dive deep and ask ourselves the important questions we have been avoiding. We are usually taught that our dark feelings should be hidden, and that we’re not allowed to have them. But during Scorpio season, we have full reign to embrace those parts of ourselves.
Here, I have created a ritual for you to look deeper into your soul and help you focus on your inner world.
NEW MOON IN SCORPIO RITUAL
YOU WILL NEED:
- Sage for smudging or your favourite tool of choice
- Black candle
- Scrying tool - Black Obsidian mirror (something reflective) / bowl of water / crystal ball
- 1 Smoky Quartz or Garnet Crystal
- Pen and paper / moon journal
- Soothing meditation music (optional)
1. As always, before doing any ritual it is important to cleanse your energy and your sacred space to clear away any unwanted energies from the last lunar cycle. By doing this you help to create a protective and high vibrational space to do your energy work.
As you smudge yourself, recite the following smudging prayer or mantra, or write one that resonates with you -
Next, cleanse your surroundings and your ritual ingredients. As you cleanse, close your eyes and imagine you are surrounded with a beautiful ball of white light energy and recite the following...
2. Light your black candle and recite the following -
"Under this Dark Moon I call forth my inner shadows to teach me about all that I am. I welcome deep transformation and change within me, I embrace all of my darkness and all of my light. I call to make union of them both."
3. Next, take your scrying tool and spend as long as you need staring at your own reflection, you can spend as long as you want here, the longer you scry, the deeper you go. This could take between 5 - 20 minutes, but stay as long as you feel the call in this meditation practise.
As you stare at yourself, think about what what Scorpio themes have been coming through for you recently, what emotions and feelings are you experiencing? What is it you need to let go of in order for your soul to grow?
As you stare at your reflection, you may see your face morph or change into something... what is the mirror trying to show you? What feelings are coming up for up for you at this time?
4. Now you have to sit and journal everything that has come up for you.
Write everything down you want to leave behind, everything you want to let go of. Write down what parts of your shadow came up, and ask yourself if that part of you can stay? Can you embrace that part of you fully? Does that part of you excite you? Does it spark arousal, does it serve you and do you want it to stay? etc. Go into as much detail as possible and decide whether these aspects of your shadow make you who you are, or whether they are toxic and need freeing.
5. Next, take your candle and sit in front of a mirror and candle gaze for 5 minutes. Stare at the flame and keep your mind focused on the things you want to release.
"Shadow shadow black as the night, I see you now as clear as light. Tonight I free you from my soul, with love and wisdom I let you go."
Stare deep into your eyes in the mirror for a minute and extinguish the flame.
6. Lastly, take your crystal or crystals and programme them to help you with the things you want to let go of. Hold them in your left hand and cover with your right, infuse them with your intention and ask that these beautiful tools may inspire and guide you and help you to let go. Sit and meditate on these intentions and ground your intentions into them.