The Full Moon is the perfect time to reflect and release what no longer serves you. This moon in particular is going to be an amazing time to reflect back on this year: everything you have learnt, everything you experienced and everything you had to go through in order to be where we you are today.
The Super Full Moon in Gemini falls on December 3rd and is here to teach us to honour our journey, honour the progress we are making and to be proud of our achievements and our mistakes; without them we wouldn't be who we are. You should know that the Universe provides you with exactly what you need at the exact right time of your life. The universe doesn't ever set you up to fail, but it may challenge you, and stretch you out of your comfort zone so that you can grow.
The intention of this ritual is for you to celebrate yourself and your achievements, no matter how big or small they may seem. This ritual will create space for you to write down your desires, hopes, dreams, goals, creative ideas and to plan for your future. You can give thanks for your experiences and congratulate yourself, as well as setting intentions for the year ahead.
- 3 of your favourite crystals
- Pen and paper/your moon journal
- White candles for purity, protection & to honour your higher self
- Sage for smudging
- 3 objects / photos that symbolise something from your past, something that represents your present and something you want to manifest into your future
- Wine or a non-alcoholic drink in your ritual chalice or favourite glass
1. As always, before doing any ritual it is important to cleanse your energy and your sacred space to clear away any unwanted energies from the last lunar cycle. By doing this you help to create a protective and high vibrational space to do your energy work.
2. Light your candles and centre yourself, take some deep breathes and connect yourself to the present moment. Hold space for gratitude and meditate for a few moments on everything that you are grateful for and all of the positive things and people you have met this year.
3. Once you feel calm and relaxed, take your pen and paper and write down 12 things you are grateful for and one thing for every month in 2018 that you would like to achieve. Don't worry too much about being methodical, just let your pen flow and write from the heart.
4. After spending some time writing down your dreams and aspirations, take a moment to reflect on the year gone by, and observe any thoughts, feelings and emotions that may have arisen. Allow any suppressed emotions to come to the surface, anything you didn't deal with because it was too painful. Focus on what it is that may have caused you any discomfort, pain or anger; meditate and breathe through them.
5. When you feel ready take your crystals and the 3 objects that you have chosen to symbolise your past, present and future, and lay them out in front of you or on your alter.
- Take your first crystal and hold it in your hands, bring your hands to prayer position and hold over your heart centre. Say out loud or meditate on a feeling that reminds you of your past, give thanks for the lessons you received and acknowledge that you wouldn't be where you are now without them. Lay the crystal on or near the object or photo that resembles your past.
- Next take your second crystal and repeat the same process, hold the crystal in your hands and bring your hands to heart centre in prayer position. Meditate on anything you have in your life currently that you are grateful for. Let the feeling of happiness and gratitude wash over you. Place the crystal on or next to the object or photo that resembles the present.
- Lastly meditate on your final crystal. Spend more time on this one, really focus and direct your energy into this crystal and project any visions you want to manifest into your future. Feel in your heart as though you have already received the things or the life you have imagined. Use the law of attraction by giving thanks as if it has already come true. Place the last crystal on top or next to something that represents your future.
Fnish with a positive mantra. You can write this down also and repeat as many times as you wish. Be gentle on yourself as you are processing your lessons and growth. During this ritual a lot of raw emotions may rise to the surface. Place your hands over your heart centre and either recite this mantra or say what comes from the heart.
"I forgive myself and let go of any mistakes I made in the past, for I was a different person then. I let go of the things that I thought I should have done, I forgive myself and trust that it wasn't meant to be. I trust in the divine timing and honour that where I am now is exactly where I am meant to be. I trust that whatever I have received has always been for my highest good. I give thanks for the blessings I will receive in the future. I forgive myself, I release what no longer serves me, I honour the Universe with perfect love and perfect trust."
Finally, take a drink from your chalice to celebrate you and your achievements and to say cheers to you, the Universe and Mother Moon.
Happy Full Moon!